Welcome to Barnard Physical Education!
- Zoom links for PE courses can be found in Courseworks
- Registered Students must attend the first class on Zoom to hold their spot
- Students on waitlists will be sent the links and should plan to attend remotely to see if space is available
As per the Key to NYC Executive Orders and related orders that apply in New York City, UNVACCINATED INDIVIDUALS are prohibited from entering in-person Physical Education classes, in-person FITbear classes, the Barnard Fitness Center. This prohibition extends to students, faculty, staff with approved exemptions. New York City requires staff and customers 5 years of age and older to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter this establishment. To find out where to get a free COVID-19 vaccine visit nyc.gov/vaccinefinder or call 877-VAX-4NYC (877-829-4692). For more information on Key to NYC, visit nyc.gov/keytoNYC
Spring 2022 PE courses (PDF)
PE Courses in Directory of Classes
- All Barnard students must complete one semester of PE or Dance, preferably in their First Year.
- Only students who have not yet completed the PE requirement can register for PE.
- SR, JR, SO and TR who need PE should add one course (PE or Dance) to their program during their assigned registration period.
- FY students should add PE (or Dance) to their program or get on a waitlist.
- Students on a PE waitlist should plan to attend the first week of classes to see if space is available.
- Barnard PE is open to Barnard students only.
- PE courses are graded Pass/Fail based on attendance and participation.
Need more info? Contact the individual instructor or the Department Chair.
Laura Masone, Dept Chair (Body Sculpt, Advanced Fitness) email@example.com
Lisa Northrop (Health Coaching, Yoga Meditation) firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Rodriguez (Yoga Sculpt, Strength Training, Body Sculpt, Advanced Running) email@example.com
Cindy Lanzas (Beginning Yoga, Core Strength) firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Shulman (T'ai Chi) email@example.com
India Choquette (Body Sculpt, Strength Training) firstname.lastname@example.org
Eliana Laessig (Body Sculpt) email@example.com
Talese Hunt (Core Strength) firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitbear Fitness Classes
January 2022 Virtual Fitness Class Schedule
Barnard Fitness Center
The Barnard Fitness Center will re-open to Barnard students only with limited hours and reservations on Monday, Jan 24. Stay tuned for details.
Students must be registered in IMLeagues to participate. For more information about IMLeagues and the Barnard Fitness Center visit https://pe.barnard.edu/BFC
KN95/N95/KF94 or multi-layered surgical masks are required for your workout (no cloth masks).
Contact email@example.com for more info.
PE Mission Statement
The Physical Education Department subscribes fully to the College’s commitment to help women realize their full potential. Through regular participation in guided physical movement, the student gains enhanced physical fitness, improved self-esteem, and stress management techniques. Physical Education and the extra-curricular programs address the body-mind connection as the student learns skills that will influence the quality of her life currently in academic achievement and in all future endeavors.