Barnard students may enter the Physical Education Lottery during these times only:
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9AM to Friday, January 25th at 12 Noon.
Results will be posted on eBear by Friday, January 25th, 5:00 PM.
When you are ready to enter the lottery, please follow these steps:
- Log on to eBear and select ‘PE Lottery’ tab
- Select ‘Fill in Form’
- Select a minimum of 3 courses that fit your time schedule
- Submit your request
- To change your choices, you may re-submit your request until the lottery ends
- Check the results on eBear during these times: Friday, January 25th, 5PM through Sunday, January 27th.
- Add the course to your on-line program filing
- Attend the first class meeting to retain your spot in the course. All classes meet in the assigned classroom on Monday or Tuesday. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
For more information:
Students with questions may drop-in to the Physical Education Office, 2nd Floor of the Barnard Annex during normal business hours or call 854-2085. Course descriptions and syllabi are available on our website: pe.barnard.edu.
- If you have NOT completed the one semester Physical Education requirement, you are eligible for the lottery.
- If you have completed the Physical Education requirement, you are not eligible for the lottery. You should attend the first class meeting of the course to see if there is space available. Classes begin on Monday and Tuesday after the lottery ends and all classes meet in the assigned classroom on the first day. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
Self Paced Courses are individualized workout programs designed for the intermediate exerciser. Students must agree to workout 2x per week on non-consecutive days.
- Students must pass pre-tests for admittance.
- Interested students should attend one test time dressed for the activity.
- Each pre-test takes about 30-60 minutes including warm-up and cool-down.
- These courses are not in the online lottery. Barnard Students Only.
Self-Paced Fitness: Instructor: George Padilla (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Description: Combination workouts including cardio machines and weight training.
Pre-Requisite: Functional experience of all weight room equipment.
Pre-Test Times - Meet in Barnard Weight Room dressed for workout:
- Tuesday, January 22nd at 2pm
- Thursday, January 24th at noon or 1pm
- Friday, January 25th at 10am or 11am
Self-Paced Running: Instructor: Tavius Cheatham (email@example.com)
Course Description: Indoor/outdoor running. No treadmill. Individual and group runs.
Pre-Requisite: Experienced runners only.
Pre-Test Times - Meet in Lobby of Barnard hall dressed to run:
- Wednesday, January 23rd at 10:30am
- Thursday, January 24th at 11am or 2pm
Self-Paced Lap Swim: Instructor: Luci Rosalia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Description: Individualized swimming program. Stroke and turn clinics.
Pre-Test: 500 yards (25 pool lengths) in 12 minutes.
Pre-Test Times - Meet in Barnard Pool with swim attire and towel:
- Wednesday, January 23rd at 2pm or 5pm
- Thursday, January 24th at noon or 12:30pm
Columbia Courses open to Barnard Students SPRING 2013:
Interested Barnard students should go to Columbia Physical Education Office, Room 336, Dodge Fitness Center. Please see Ken Torrey or Belgica Ramirez on Thursday/Friday, January 24/25, 9am-4pm.
|FLOOR HOCKEY||TTh 12-12:50pm|
|TENNIS (meets once per week)||Friday 11am-1pm|
Interested CC or SEAS students sign in on the REGISTRATION BOOK in the Barnard PE Office, Room 200 Barnard Annex on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, January 22/23/24, 10am-4pm. These courses are first-come, first served.
Columbia Graduate and General Studies students are not eligible to take Barnard Physical Education courses.
|SELF DEFENSE||MW 11-11:50am|
|QI GONG||MW 1:10-2pm|
|BODY SCULPT||MW 3:10-4pm|
|BEGINNING SWIMMING (Women only)||MW 3:10-4pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||MW 4:10-5pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||TTh 9-9:50am|
|BODY SCULPT||TTh 10-10:50am|
|CORE STRENGTH||TTh 11:11:50am|
The number of students seeking admission to Physical Education courses exceeds available spaces. Therefore, the Department has designed a computerized lottery to ensure the fairest placement possible for all eligible students. Assignment in a course is randomly determined by the computer based on your choices; this process is not 'first-come, first-served.' Once lottery results are given, students must add the course to their on-line program.