Barnard students may enter the Physical Education Lottery during these times only:
Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 9AM to Friday, September 6 at 12 Noon.
Results will be posted on eBear by Friday, September 6, 5:00 PM.
When you are ready to enter the lottery, please follow these steps:
- Log on to eBear and select ‘PE Lottery’ tab
- Select ‘Fill in Form’
- Select a minimum of 3 courses that fit your time schedule
- Submit your request
- To change your choices, you may re-submit your request until the lottery ends
- Check the results on eBear during these times: Friday, September 6, 5PM through Sunday, September 8.
- Add the course to your on-line program filing
- Attend the first class meeting to retain your spot in the course. All classes meet in the assigned classroom on Monday or Tuesday. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
For more information:
Students with questions may drop-in to the Physical Education Office, 2nd Floor of the Barnard Annex during normal business hours or call 854-2085. Course descriptions and syllabi are available on our website: pe.barnard.edu.
- If you have NOT completed the one semester Physical Education requirement, you are eligible for the lottery.
- If you have completed the Physical Education requirement, you are not eligible for the lottery. You should attend the first class meeting of the course to see if there is space available. Classes begin on Monday and Tuesday after the lottery ends and all classes meet in the assigned classroom on the first day. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
Self Paced Courses are individualized workout programs designed for the intermediate exerciser. Students must agree to workout 2x per week on non-consecutive days.
- Students must pass pre-tests for admittance.
- Interested students should attend one test time dressed for the activity.
- Each pre-test takes about 30-60 minutes including warm-up and cool-down.
- These courses are not in the online lottery. Barnard Students Only.
Self-Paced Fitness: Instructor: Laura Masone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Description: Combination workouts including cardio machines and weight training.
Pre-Requisite: Functional experience of all weight room equipment.
Pre-Test Times - Meet in Barnard Weight Room dressed for workout:
- Tuesday, September 3rd at 5pm
- Wednesday, September 4th at 9am or 1pm or 5pm
- Thursday, September 5th at 9am
Columbia Courses open to Barnard Students FALL 2013:
Interested Barnard students should go to Columbia Physical Education Office, Room 336, Dodge Fitness Center. Please see Ken Torrey or Belgica Ramirez on Thursday/Friday, September 5/6, 9am-4pm.
|BEG SWIM||MW 9-9:50am|
|TENNIS (meets once per week)||Friday 11am-1pm|
Interested CC or SEAS students should enter the online lottery here: https://pe.barnard.edu/columbia-exchange to submit their choices. Students may submit anytime between 9am, Tuesday, September 3 and 5pm, Thursday, September 5. Results will be sent via emial by 5pm on Friday, September 6th.
Columbia Graduate and General Studies students are not eligible to take Barnard Physical Education courses.
|SELF DEFENSE||MW 11-11:50am|
|BODY SCULPT||MW 3:10-4pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||MW 4:10-5pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||TTh 9-9:50am|
|WEIGHT TRAINING (Women only)||TTh 9-9:50am|
|PERSONAL FITNESS (Women only)||TTh 11:11:50am|
|GROUP FITNESS SAMPLER||TTh 12-12:50pm|
The number of students seeking admission to Physical Education courses exceeds available spaces. Therefore, the Department has designed a computerized lottery to ensure the fairest placement possible for all eligible students. Assignment in a course is randomly determined by the computer based on your choices; this process is not 'first-come, first-served.' Once lottery results are given, students must add the course to their on-line program.