Barnard students may enter the Physical Education Lottery during these times only:
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 9AM to Friday, September 5 at 12 Noon.
Results will be posted on my.barnard.edu by Friday, September 5th, 5:00 PM.
When you are ready to enter the lottery, please follow these steps:
- Log on to my.barnard.edu and select ‘PE Lottery’ tab
- Select ‘Fill in Form’
- Select a minimum of 3 courses that fit your time schedule
- Submit your request
- To change your choices, you may re-submit your request until the lottery ends
- Check the results on my.barnard.edu during these times: Friday, September 5th, 5PM through Sunday, Sunday, September 7th.
- Add the course to your on-line program filing
- Attend the first class meeting to retain your spot in the course. All classes meet in the assigned classroom on Monday or Tuesday. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
For more information:
Students with questions may drop-in to the Physical Education Office, 2nd Floor of the Barnard Annex during normal business hours or call 854-2085. Course descriptions and syllabi are available on our website: pe.barnard.edu.
- If you have NOT completed the one semester Physical Education requirement, you are eligible for the lottery.
- If you have completed the Physical Education requirement, you are not eligible for the lottery. You should attend the first class meeting of the course to see if there is space available. Classes begin on Monday and Tuesday after the lottery ends and all classes meet in the assigned classroom on the first day. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
Self Paced Courses are individualized workout programs designed for the intermediate exerciser. Students must agree to workout 2x per week on non-consecutive days.
- Students must pass pre-tests for admittance.
- Interested students should attend one test time dressed for the activity.
- Each pre-test takes about 30-60 minutes including warm-up and cool-down.
- These courses are not in the online lottery. Barnard Students Only.
Self-Paced Fitness: Instructor: Laura Masone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Description: Combination workouts including cardio machines and weight training.
Pre-Requisite: Functional experience of all weight room equipment.
Pre-Test Times - Meet in Barnard Weight Room at ONE of the following times dressed for workout:
- to be announced
Columbia Courses open to Barnard Students SPRING 2014:
FALL 2014 coming soon!
Interested Barnard students should go to Columbia Physical Education Office, Room 336, Dodge Fitness Center. Please see Ken Torrey or Belgica Ramirez on Thursday/Friday, January 23/24, 9am-4pm.
|BEGINNING SWIMMING||MW 9-9:50am|
|FLOOR HOCKEY||TTh 12-12:50pm|
|TENNIS (meets once per week)||Friday 11am-1pm|
FALL 2014 coming soon!
Interested CC or SEAS students should enter the online lottery here: https://pe.barnard.edu/columbia-exchange to submit their choices. Students may submit anytime between 9am, Tuesday, January 21 and 5pm, Thursday, January 23. Results will be sent via emial by 5pm on Friday, January 24th.
Columbia Graduate and General Studies students are not eligible to take Barnard Physical Education courses.
|WOMEN'S STRENGTH||MW 10-10:50am|
|SELF DEFENSE||MW 12-12:50pm|
|BODY SCULPT||MW 3:10-4pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||MW 4:10-5pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||TTh 9-9:50am|
|PERSONAL FITNESS (Women only)||TTh 10-10:50am|
|GROUP FITNESS SAMPLER||TTh 12-12:50pm|
The number of students seeking admission to Physical Education courses exceeds available spaces. Therefore, the Department has designed a computerized lottery to ensure the fairest placement possible for all eligible students. Assignment in a course is randomly determined by the computer based on your choices; this process is not 'first-come, first-served.' Once lottery results are given, students must add the course to their on-line program.