Barnard students may enter the Physical Education Lottery during these times only:
Tuesday, January 20, 2014 at 9AM to Friday, January 23 at 12 Noon.
Results will be posted on my.barnard.edu by Friday, January 23rd, 5:00 PM.
When you are ready to enter the lottery, please follow these steps:
- Log on to myBarnard ACADEMICS page
- Select ‘PE Lottery’
- Select a minimum of 3 courses that fit your time schedule
- Submit your request
- To change your choices, you may re-submit your request until the lottery ends
- Check 'PE Lottery Results' on myBarnard during these times: Friday, January 23rd, 5PM through Sunday, Sunday, January 25th.
- Add the course to your on-line program filing
- Attend the first class meeting to retain your spot in the course. All classes meet in the assigned classroom on Monday or Tuesday. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
For more information:
Students with questions may drop-in to the Physical Education Office, 2nd Floor of the Barnard Annex during normal business hours or call 854-2085. Course descriptions and syllabi are available on our website: pe.barnard.edu.
- If you have NOT completed the one semester Physical Education requirement, you are eligible for the lottery.
- If you have completed the Physical Education requirement, you are not eligible for the lottery. You should attend the first class meeting of the course to see if there is space available. Classes begin on Monday and Tuesday after the lottery ends and all classes meet in the assigned classroom on the first day. You must be dressed for activity on the first day.
Self Paced Courses are individualized workout programs designed for the intermediate exerciser. Students must agree to workout 2x per week on non-consecutive days.
- Students must pass pre-tests for admittance.
- Interested students should attend one test time dressed for the activity.
- Each pre-test takes about 30-60 minutes including warm-up and cool-down.
- These courses are not in the online lottery. Barnard Students Only.
Instructors: Laura Masone (email@example.com) and George Padilla (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Description: Combination workouts including cardio machines and weight training.
Pre-Requisite: Functional experience of all weight room equipment.
Pre-Test Times - Meet in Studio 2 (in the basement of Barnard Hall) at ONE of the following times dressed for workout:
- Tuesday, January 20th at 1pm
- Wednesday, January 21st at 8:30am and 4pm
- Thursday, January 22nd at 8:30am and 1pm
- Friday, January 23rd at 11am
Columbia Courses open to Barnard Students SPRING 2015:
Interested Barnard students should go to Columbia Physical Education Office, Room 336, Dodge Fitness Center. Please see Ken Torrey or Belgica Ramirez on Thursday/Friday, January 22/23, 9am-4pm.
|BEGINNER SWIMMING||MW 9-9:50am|
|FLOOR HOCKEY||MW 12-12:50pm|
|TENNIS (meets once per week)||Friday 11am-1pm|
Interested CC or SEAS students should enter the online lottery here: https://pe.barnard.edu/columbia-exchange to submit their choices. Students may submit anytime between 9am, Tuesday, January 20 and 5pm, Thursday, January 22. Results will be sent via emial by 5pm on Friday, January 23rd.
Columbia Graduate and General Studies students are not eligible to take Barnard Physical Education courses.
|WOMEN'S STRENGTH||MW 10-10:50am|
|PERSONAL FITNESS||MW 11-11:50am|
|BODY SCULPT||MW 3:10-4pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||MW 4:10-5pm|
|CARDIO SCULPT||TTh 9-9:50am|
|PERSONAL FITNESS||TTh 10-10:50am|
|GROUP FITNESS SAMPLER||TTh 12-12:50pm|
The number of students seeking admission to Physical Education courses exceeds available spaces. Therefore, the Department has designed a computerized lottery to ensure the fairest placement possible for all eligible students. Assignment in a course is randomly determined by the computer based on your choices; this process is not 'first-come, first-served.' Once lottery results are given, students must add the course to their on-line program.